Wednesday 21 September 2011

Well, shortly after I wrote my last update, I noticed Harry looking a little rosy and a bit grumpy, I thought uh oh I bet he not going to be well.  The nurse came to flush his line and 20min later his temp shot up to 39.1.
Off to hospital we went to get checked out, and his temp stayed at 39 despite calpol. They took some bloods and as he was still neutropenic we were packed off to Manchester in an ambulance.

His horrid septicaemia bug was back, and after a bit of consultation with the docs, they decided his line had to come out, it is causing too much trouble.
Not that I wanted Harry to be ill, and not that I wanted him to go to theatre but I was a little glad, NO MORE TUBE YAY HAY
It just means that should he need more chemo (and I hope to god he doesnt) he will have to have it put back in). They took it out and as his temp had settled we were allowed home at the weekend, with strict instructions should his tempo go back up he goes straight back in, as his blood was still showing positive cultures when we left.

Slight down side, as he hadnt fed for a few days they put his nasal tube back in. This time on the other side of his face and he obviously hasnt twigged yet, as he still fiddles on the left side looking for it. It makes my life a little easier I suppose as we have 2weeks of oral anti biotics and they taste yak, so they can go straight down the tube. I will pull it out myself when he's finished them.

AND FINALLY (and yes I have to write this in capitals as I am actually shouting from the rooftops) I HAVE IT IN BLACK AND WHITE MY OTHER DARLING ANGELS DO NOT< NOT<NOT HAVE THE DEFECTIVE GENE AND THEY WILL NEVER EVER EVER GET BRB. HOORAY I CANNOT STOP SMILING

No comments:

Post a Comment