Tuesday 21 August 2012

An Angel never dies

I am in a facebook group where we all had babies born in January 2011. We are all really close like we've known each other for years. We've supported each other through thick and thin and I know they ave helped me massively through Harry's journey with cancer.

We were all excited for Lisa as she had 2 and a bit weeks to go til the birth of her second little boy, but sadly yesterday she went to get reduced fetal movements checked and was given the devastating news her little boy had passed away.

We all feel numb for her, we all cannot imagine what she is going through. It flashes me back to just before Harry was born and I noticed he wasnt moving, I was lucky and Harry was born safe. What Lisa must be feeling this morning as she returns back to the hospital to deliver the baby, knowing she will never hear him cry.

People will offer words of comfort but nothing can help the feeling of loss she will have. Losing a baby at any stage must be hard, but knowing you were almost at the end must be really hard.

Please have her in your thoughts x

An angel never dies


Don’t let them say I wasn’t born,
That something stopped my heart
I felt each tender squeeze you gave,
I’ve loved you from the start.

Although my body you can’t hold
It doesn’t mean I’m gone
This world was worthy, not of me
God chose that I move on.

I know the pain that drowns your soul,
What you are forced to face
You have my word, I’ll fill your arms,
Someday we will embrace.

You’ll hear that it was meant to be,
God doesn’t make mistakes
But that wont soften your worst blow,
Or make your heart not ache.

I’m watching over all you do,
Another child you’ll bear
Believe me when I say to you,
That I am always there.

There will come a time, I promise you,
When you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face and kiss my lips
And then you’ll understand.

Although I’ve never breathed your air,
Or gazed into your eyes
That doesn’t mean I never was,
An Angel never dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment